International Development Partnerships (IDP) is a UK-registered NGO working with some of the poorest communities in rural Ethiopia, providing them with the basic services they need to help them fight poverty.
IDP aims to provide affordable health care, a clean and reliable water supply, hygienic sanitation facilities, adequate nutrition and a basic level of education. Over the next five years, the organisation plans to support communities totalling 250,000 of the country’s most vulnerable people.
The rehabilitation and re-supply of run-down health centres and schools with redundant medical, IT and office equipment from the UK continues to be IDP’s priority line of work. This will extend to include provision of seeds, tools, basic farm implements and irrigation equipment to farmers. IDP also aims to establish a water-well drilling operation to provide vital fresh water supplies and sanitation facilities to schools and communities.
IDP believes that support to local organisations, and the empowerment of local people, is crucial in bringing about effective and lasting change.
Organisation annual cash turnover (in US$ equivalent)Less than 500,000
About this organisation
Partnership typesProject funding; Provision of services / personnel; Provision of goods
Regions / countries / territoriesEurope: United Kingdom
Global issuesAgriculture, aquaculture and forestry; Arts and culture; Education and training;...show all (11)
Goods categoriesAgriculture, aquaculture & forestry; Books & audiovisual; Computer hardware...show all (10)
International Development Partnerships is seeking partners for:
- Requested almost 3 years ago
- Requested over 4 years ago
You might also be interested in:
- Agriculture, aquaculture and forestry (873)
- Arts and culture (335)
- Education and training (3928)
- Energy (167)
- Environment and climate change (1145)
- Food security and nutrition (1752)
- Information and communications technologies (576)
- HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, health and medical (2585)
- Refugees and internally displaced persons (231)
- Transportation and logistics (291)
- Water and related ecosystems (752)