Global Hand: Privacy Notice
By accessing this site, certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation pathway through the Site, software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be recorded. These will not specifically identify the User. The information will only be used internally by Global Hand staff for web site traffic analysis.
If the User provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, Global Hand will not disclose the information with any other party except as part of the expressed function of the website. The nature of information disclosure depends on the specifics of usage.
- When making an offer on Global Hand, users provide (i) specifics of their offer, (ii) contact information, (iii) information about their organisation. Specifics of the offer are displayed publicly on the website. Contact and organisation details are not made public and no other users can view these under normal conditions. Verified non-profit users within Global Hand, however, will be allowed to access the associated organisation and contact information if they first express interest in the offer and share their own contact information with the user who made the offer. Note: some users making an offer may separately choose to publish their organisation information publicly on the Global Hand website (see below).
- When making a request on Global Hand, users provide (i) specifics of their request, (ii) contact information, (iii) information about their organisation. Specifics of the request and organisation details are displayed publicly on the website. Contact details are not made public and no other users can view these under normal conditions. However, any user who explicitly expresses interest in the request will be allowed to access the associated contact information. Expressing interest in the request requires the user to reciprocate by also revealing their own contact details to the user who made the request.
- When responding to an offer or request users are required to supply their contact information and this information will be revealed to the party they are responding to. The contact information supplied will not made public. Users registered with Global Hand who have logged into the website will be able to see the contact name when viewing the offer/need responded to, however, they will not see further contact details. The contact name may be linked to details of the user’s organisation (the organisation profile) if such information was previously supplied and authorised for public use within Global Hand.
- Publishing information on Global Hand: It is possible for an organisation to become publicly listed on the Global Hand website. Clearly, if a user explicitly requests to have information (including general contact data) published openly on Global Hand, this information will be shared in the desired way.
- When contacting Global Hand, users may provide personally identifiable information to Global Hand (e.g. name, email address) as part of direct correspondence with Global Hand staff. Such information will not be published or shared.
Global Hand assumes no responsibility for the way in which users will handle the security of information revealed to them via this website.