Your participation and use of the Website and Offers and Requests Database is entirely voluntarily. However, the express function of the Offers and Requests Database necessarily involves the sharing of contact information to facilitate the formation of partnerships and thus if contact information is not shared the Offers and Requests Database is largely ineffective. Such contact information may include personal data (although generally it relates to an organisation or entity). It is important that you understand the nature and circumstances where such personal data will be disclosed to third parties and/or made available publicly through the Website.
Users and Sign Up
The system recognises three main types of Users: (i) verified non-profit organisations; (ii) unverified non-profit organisations; and (iii) for profit organisations. The distinction is important in terms of the level of access to personal data, explained further below.
Every User will be asked to “sign-up” to the Website, and as part of this process, Global Hand will ask for your name, address, and phone and fax numbers. Generally this information relates to the organisation you represent, but it may nevertheless constitute personal data under the laws of Hong Kong (from where we operate the Website). Your User details will be remembered by the Global Hand system, and every time you wish to make an offer, make a request, or respond to an offer or request, these details are automatically completed in the forms whenever there is a possible partnership opportunity. You may edit your user profile at various stages in the function of the Website. You can review our Personal Information Collection Statement from within the various forms where personal data may be collected.
Nature of disclosure
If the User provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Website, Global Hand will not disclose the information with any other party except as part of the expressed function of the Website and the Offer and Requests Database and as provided for in the User Agreement. The nature of information disclosure depends on the specifics of usage.
- When making an Offer on Global Hand, Users provide (i) specifics of their Offer, (ii) contact information, (iii) information about their organisation. Specifics of the Offer are displayed publicly on the Website. Contact and organisation details are not made public and no other users can view these under normal conditions. Verified Non-profit Users within Global Hand, however, will be allowed to access the associated organisation and contact information if they first express interest in the Offer and share their own contact information with the User who made the Offer. Note: some Users making an Offer may separately choose to publish their organisation information publicly on the Global Hand website (see below).
- When making a Request on Global Hand, Users provide (i) specifics of their Request, (ii) contact information, (iii) information about their organisation. Specifics of the Request and organisation details are displayed publicly on the Website. Contact details are not made public and no other Users can view these under normal conditions. However, any User who explicitly expresses interest in the Request will be allowed to access the associated contact information. Expressing interest in the Request requires the User to reciprocate by also revealing their own contact details to the User who made the request.
- When responding to an Offer or Request, Users are required to supply their contact information and this information will be revealed to the party they are responding to. The contact information supplied will not made public. Users registered with Global Hand who have logged into the Website will be able to see the contact name when viewing the offer/need responded to, however, they will not see further contact details. The contact name may be linked to details of the User’s organisation (the organisation profile) if such information was previously supplied and authorised for public use within Global Hand.
- Publishing information on Global Hand, It is possible for an organisation to become publicly listed on the Global Hand website. Clearly, if a User explicitly requests to have information (including general contact data) published openly on Global Hand, this information will be shared in the desired way. You should ensure that the individual person’s involved have consented to such disclosure.
- When contacting Global Hand, Users may provide personally identifiable information to Global Hand (e.g. name, email address) as part of direct correspondence with Global Hand staff (and as part of the sign-up process). Such information will not be published or shared other than for purposes directly related to the function of the Website and the Offers and Requests Database..
Transfer of personal data
The express function of the Website necessitates the transfer of contact information to other (third party) Users. These Users are very often located outside of Hong Kong. This is further explained above and in the User Agreement.
As noted in the User Agreement, Global Hand may share details regarding any Offer or Request, any User, any feedback or any information relating to the partnerships formed by, and operation of, the Website (Details), to other divisions, initiatives, offices and affiliates of Crossroads Foundation Limited (Crossroads Network). These Details may contain personal data. Members of the Crossroads Network may be located outside of Hong Kong.
By using the Website and signing up to the User Agreement, you consent to the transfer of your personal data outside of Hong Kong.
Although Global Hand will take all practicable steps to ensure that personal data it has collected via the Website is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, we cannot assume any responsibility for the way in which the Users will handle the information that is revealed to them via the Website.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to review and correct personal data given to us. If the process of reviewing or correcting your personal data incurs any costs, we may charge you a reasonable fee accordingly. Should you wish to review or correct personal data, please contact Crossroads Privacy Officer