Help vulnerable children and HIV victims in South Africa
Requested byNazareth House
Who are you trying to help? What issue are you trying to address?
Nazareth House was established in 1896 and aims to improve the lives of men, women and children who are not able to care for themselves. We also support people living with the effects of HIV/AIDS.
The aim is achieved through the provisions of comprehensive caring services to:
- A total of 35 abandoned/orphaned HIV positive babies and children;
- A total of 22 terminally ill patients in the Hospice;
- A total of 135 destitute frail aged;
- A total of 20 destitute or abandoned mentally challenged women;
- A total of 1300 people living with the effects of HIV and AIDS and their families as well as the poor and destitute through an outreach program in which they receive food, counseling and care;
- A total of 2000 patients on Anti-Retroviral Therapy and 2000 on HIV care in the out-patients clinic receive ARC medication, monitoring and care by nurses, doctors and counselors and also receive nutritional support in the form of soup and bread on their visits to the clinic.
Help us continue the work of Nazareth House, in providing a better quality of life for our HIV positive babies and children, terminally ill patients in the hospice, the frail aged and elderly and abandoned mentally challenged women.
What is your project and how will it help?
Currently we are focusing on our children’s home where we provide accommodation/food/schooling/transport/extra mural activities/social development/ and counseling to our 35 HIV/AIDS positive babies and children who are all under the age of 10 years old.
These children have either been abandoned/orphaned or refereed to us by the Child Welfare Society and or the South African Police Services. Due to high running costs we are pleading for any financial assistance you can offer to enable us to continue to meet with the needs of our children.
How can other people partner with you on your project?
Others can partner in whichever way they feel they are able to contribute to the well-being of our children either in terms of donations/financial assistance/adopting to financially cater for a child “sponsor a child”, or even spending time with the children by interacting with them, taking them on outings and or becoming involved in voluntary activities for the children at The Nazareth House.
Please visit our website to learn more about our activities.
Please detail the resources that you need.
We need help with funding for:
- Transportation costs
- Medical expenses
- Clothing (incl. nappies etc)
All donations will help us. Please contact us for a detailed budget.
Contact detailsOnly organisations who have exchanged contact details may view this.
Partnership typesProject funding
Regions / countries / territoriesAfrica: South Africa
Global issuesChildren, youth and family welfare; Education and training
No one has responded yet