Hong Kong Bank Foundation helps support speech therapy services for children.
The Hongkong Bank Foundation supports Benji’s Centre, the first and currently the only charitable organisation providing specialised speech therapy for children, with a donation of HK$258,000 for the establishment of Parent Resource Corner and Toy Library.
The Benji’s Centre is a charitable organisation providing specialised professional one on one speech and language therapy and assessment by qualified speech therapists to children and teenagers below the age of 16 with any kind of communication difficulties, especially those from low-income families. The Centre is providing over 250 children with intensive individual therapies and has helped more than 900 children since its establishment (The number of children in the waiting list is over 200). 70% of the children in the Centre enjoy fee remission and the remaining 30% pay a fee of $300 for each 45-minutes session, an equivalent of equal of half of the private therapy charge.
The parent resource corner and toy library, supported by the Hongkong Bank Foundation, provides various educational toys and reading materials which can facilitate parents from low income families to do home training to stimulate and facilitate their children’s speech and language development. The centre also provides a venue for parents to get together and organise parents groups and meetings for network and support.