Request for NGOs to join forces for clean drinking water in Haiti
Requested byFaith Alliance Enterprises, LLC
Who are you trying to help? What issue are you trying to address?
- A few months ago, a cholera outbreak hit Haiti and so far, has killed 5,000 people, affected around 50,000 more and probably caused countless millions of dollars in losses(hospital spaces and beds, medical teams time, unproductive citizenry, loss of time at work for patients and their relatives, funeral expenses,preventive measures costs from neighboring countries to avoid further propagation etc…).
- Cholera is a remote disease. Its main cause (vibrio cholera) is known. Although, the modern medicine has found a cure to it, as for any water borne disease, its main preventive safeguard is clean drinking water prevention.
- We are trying to help any human being who are living in or in contact with people in that region of Haiti (including those who are providing assistance).
What is your project and how will it help?
- Captage of a “source of water” and local distribution.
- Any effort to bring “clean drinking water to any community helps”. Water scarcity or water mismanagement has been a main source of poverty in all developing countries (with Haiti making by the “cholera” crisis a compelling case for international attention. Not that many laudable efforts have not been made in this sense, however, this is a golden opportunity for a remote community that has contributed to its own water project to be given a chance to to set it in stone. Given past experiences, we prefer to provide more details once the prospective partner shows some interest. What we could say, the project will create 40 jobs in Haiti and about 4 in the U.S. by the impact. The pipes, nails, are stmulating the export/import (as small as it could be) in this country.
How can other people partner with you on your project?
We might be able to secure an expert in clean water captage from one of those NGOs in Haiti to supervise the project.
It needs funding. As a disclaimer, this project would have cost five times more in any other circumstances. Given the urgency of the situation, the community will be contributing by providing volunteer assistance.
Please detail the resources that you need.
- A tactful hydraulic engineer to back up the local one.
- The amount should be between 100,000 dollars and 120,000 (one hundred twenty thousand dollars), including a stipend for the Non profit organization expert. The proposal will be available as soon as we sign a limited “NCND” with the NGO partner.
Contact detailsOnly organisations who have exchanged contact details may view this.
Partnership typesProject funding; Provision of services / personnel
Regions / countries / territoriesAmericas: Haiti
Global issuesWater and related ecosystems
DisastersHaiti: Earthquakes - Jan 2010; Haiti: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2010
No one has responded yet