Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and the private sector
Global Hand has drafted a brief guide for business engagement with Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
‘The Why, What, How of private sector engagement with DRR’ outlines a business case for engagement in DRR, lists disaster types and gives industry specific suggestions. Case studies are given to inspire and inform, and further resources supplied to equip the private sector with resources to be able to engage appropriately in DRR.
All responses are very welcome. Please feel free to email your comments.
- The Why, What, How of private sector engagement with DRR
- UN & Business partnerships website
- ISDR resilient cities campaign
- Disaster Risk Reduction and the private sector - a guide to engagement
Partnership typesAdvocacy of global issues; Doing business with the poor; Standards and guidelines...show all (3)
Global issuesDisasters and humanitarian affairs ; Shelter, housing, land management and construction
- An ounce of prevention: The case for Disaster Risk Management - Oct 2008
- UNISDR Campaign: Making Cities Resilient